Bruce and I have been full-time residents at Cedar Creek Lake for over 25 years. One of the questions we hear from people is, "Which side of the lake is better?" First and foremost there is NOT a bad side of the lake. It is more a matter of what you want to accomplish with your lake home. There are over 350 lake subdivisions around the lake. Note: I will not be listing all of the subdivisions here. I will be listing those that are the most popular.
NORTHWEST side of Cedar Creek Lake
For those who want a quick commute to the Dallas metroplex, the Northwest side of the lake is definitely an area to explore. This is the Kemp area. This area does have wetlands. When the lake is not a full level, there can be more stumps than in other areas. There are pathways to get to open water. There are awesome water views here. There are fantastic homes here. There is even the Cedar Creek Country Club.
Cedar Creek Country Club: Located only one hour away from downtown Dallas. It is easily accessible from Highway 175 in Kemp. 18-hole golf course, swimming pool staffed with a lifeguard, tennis courts, and club house with activities plus a dining room open six days a week; boat launch. They offer several different membership packages from a social membership to a charter membership. Click here for membership information. There are many different styles of homes in the area - golf course homes, waterfront and offwater.
Lighthouse Landing: Located in Kemp off of highway 175. Lovely water views.
EAST side of Cedar Creek Lake
The East side of Cedar Creek Lake is the most populated area of the lake. The east side includes the towns of Eustace, Payne Springs, Enchanted Oaks, Gun Barrel City and Mabank. This is where most of the amenities are located for the lake area. If you need to be close to gas, beverage, restaurants, grocers, and Walmart this is the side of the lake for you. The majority of homes are closer together on this side of the lake, including boathouses. If you are within the city limits of Gun Barrel City, no fireworks are allowed to be popped in your area.
- 505 Ranch Club: Gated community located in Mabank. Equestrian Center, community center and more.
- Arbolado: Small subdivision located in Gun Barrel City
- Baywood Estates: small subdivision located in Payne Springs area
- Bushwhacker: small subdivision located in Payne Springs area
- Carolynn Estates: Gated community with a POA park, boat launch; located in Payne Springs area
- Eastwood Island: Located in Gun Barrel City, boat launch in area
- Enchanted Isle: Luxurious Gated community with fantastic water views from both sides of the home (in many instances). Located on an island off of Enchanted Oaks.
- Enchanted Oaks: An incorporated city which has its own fire and police department and city hall. Well maintained roads, neighborhood swimming pool, boat launch. Nice drive in. A very well established and mature city. Open water, channels, and cove water views.
- Enclave: Gated community in the Payne Springs area. Custom homes. Channel and open water views.
- Harbor Light Villas: Gated community in Gun Barrel City with townhomes. They have a floating marina with boat slips.
- Harbor Point: Located in the heart of Gun Barrel City. There is a property owners park, no boat launch. Small private airplane landing strip. A larger subdivision with Offwater homes, starter homes, and custom water front homes Open water views and channel views.
- Lakeview Acres: Located in Gun Barrel City
- Leisureland: Located in Payne Springs. There is a property owners association and boat launch. This is a nice neighborhood with custom offwater and waterfront homes.
- Loon Bay: Centrally located in Gun Barrel City. There are two area property owners parks and one boat launch. Great open water views.
- Mantle Manors: Located in Gun Barrel City. Boat launch. There is a property owners association. This subdivision was named after Mickey Mantle.
- Marina Cove: Located in Gun Barrel City. No boat launch. Custom Homes. Wide Channel Views.
- Pinnacle Club: Luxurious Gated Community with newer constructed homes located in Payne Springs area. They offer an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, workout room, pavilion, clubhouse with dining. Boat launch in area. Golfing is open to the public. This exclusive area offers golf course, waterfront and offwater homes. It is an Mandatory HOA community.
- Sherwood: Located in Gun Barrel City area. Gated POA park and boat launch. Channel & Open water views.
- Spanish Shores: Gated community located in Gun Barrel City. POA boat launch.
- Spillview Estates: Located in Payne Springs area; No POA; Gorgeous open water and the sunsets are some of the best that Cedar Creek Lake has to offer. Lots of trees. Open Water, Protected Water, and Channel water views.
- Tres Lagos: Located in Gun Barrel City; No POA. This is a nice and well maintained Manufactured Home Community. There is a pond in the area. Tres Lagos is in the heart of Gun Barrel City so you are close to shopping, schools and all the other town amenities. Check out the link to see what kind of home is available.
- Wood Canyon Waters: Located in the Payne Springs area; Voluntary POA; POA boat launch. Nice area with custom offwater and waterfront homes with open water views and cove views.
WEST side of Cedar Creek Lake
The west side of Cedar Creek Lake includes the towns of Seven Points and Tool. The commute to this area from 175 is Highway 274. It is about 15 miles to Seven Points. Seven Points has restaurants, grocers, gas and several popular entertainment spots such as Whatz-Up and the Cedar Creek Brewery. There great water views. There are all types of water from open to coves and channels. The lots vary from deep to narrow. There are plenty of mature shade trees in this area.
- Arnold Hills: Property owners park; boat launch; Located in the Tool area. POA boat launch.
- Heatherwoods: Gated community in Tool. This is a luxurious subdivision that sits high on the lots looking out over the majestic open water views.
- Isle of View: Located in town of Tool. Open Water and channel water views. Beautiful water views. Trees in area.
- Paradise Bay: Located in the town of Tool; Open water, cove, and channel water views.
- Peninsula Crossing: Located in the Seven Points area. Open water views. Small peninsula between Gun Barrel City and Seven Points.
- Red Sails: Located in the town of Tool.
- Tradewinds: Located in the town of Tool; Open Water, Cove, and channel water views. POA park and boat launch.
- Wildwood Acres: Located in Tool close to the spillway. Open water and channel water views. POA park with a boat launch.
SOUTHWEST side of Cedar Creek Lake
- Arrowwood Waters: Located in Trinidad. Fantastic open water views and channel views. Lots of trees in the area.
- Beachwood Estates: Gated community in Trinidad. The subdivision has a park, community park and swimming pool, and boat launch. The water views are Open water, cove and channel views. Lots of trees in the area.
- Brentwood Estates: Luxury community in Trinidad with large lots and wide open water views. Gated property owners park with covered pavilion, boat launch, pier, and trailer parking.
- Forest Shores: Luxury community in Trinidad with large lots and wide open water views. Gated property owners park with covered pavilion, boat launch, pier, and trailer parking.
- Key Ranch Estates: Located in Trinidad. Open water, cove and channel views. Several property owners boat launches subdivision.
- Meeks Deep Water: Located in Trinidad. Open water and channel views; Large lots and trees.
- Sunset Cove Located in Trinidad: Some of the best sunset views on the lake. Open water views.
- Treasure Isle: Located in Trinidad. Open water views.
- Waterboard: Located in Trinidad. Open water, cove and channel views. Large lots with lots of trees. Gated property owners park with covered pavilion, boat launch, pier and trailer parking. Voluntary property owners association.
SOUTHEAST side of Cedar Creek Lake
- Bridgepoint Luxury: Gated community in Malakoff. Newer constructed homes with glorious open water views.
- Clearwater Bay: Located in Malakoff. Open water and channel views. Boat launch in subdivision. A fantastic waterfront with lakeside pavilion including the commercial kitchen.
- Dixie Isle: Located in Malakoff. Open water and channel views. Large lots with trees.
- Long Cove: Resort living in a gated community. 1,200 acres and 7 miles of shoreline. They definitely have brought fun to family living with a 9-hole golf course, biking/hiking trails, fully stocked toy barn (no need to load bikes, outdoor games, kiyaks, and etc.), tennis courts, basketball courts, ping pong, pool tables and more. Fantastic swimming pool with open water views. Amphitheater for concerts. Country Club setting. No need to worry about the boat. With a call to the marina, the boat will be waiting in a slip. This is our newest development and if you want to be totally spoiled - this is the area for you.
- Point LaVista: Located in Malakoff. There is a property owners park, pool and boat launch. Water views are open, cove and channel views. Larger lots and lots of trees.
- Star Harbor: Incorporated as their own town. They have water, police and fire department. They have Atmos gas. S.H.is artistic with a Watercolor society. There is a 9-hole golf course in the middle of the community. Lovely open water views, cove and channel also. Lots of trees.